PARKS & RECREATION
Park and Recreation Commission
The Park and Recreation Commission is responsible for assisting in the operation of Victory Park and arranging programs at the park. The commission established rules and regulations for the use of the park facilities. The commission meets the first Thursday of every month except July and August.
Anyone desiring to serve on a committee or commission is urged to call or write to Borough Hall and leave your name and phone number. A representative will contact you to discuss your desires.
Victory Park & Chestnut Street Park
Victory Park is located between Second and Third Avenue and between Green Street and Washington Street. There are several facilities located at the park. Reservations are to be made at Borough Hall to reserve the pavilions. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park nor are any animals, either leashed or unleashed, nor bicycles or unauthorized vehicles. Chestnut Street Park is located on the corner of 5th Avenue & Chestnut Street. The parks close at sunset.
Park & Recreation 2019 Meeting Schedule
All meetings start at 7:00 P.M.
- January 3
- February 7
- March 7
- April 4
- May 2
- June 6
- August 1
- September 5
- October 3
- November 7
- December 5
(No meeting in July)
Upcoming Events at Victory Park
- Easter Egg Hunt: 4/13/19 – 10AM (Rain Date: 4/14/19 – 2PM) Ages 1-10 & Special Needs
- Community Yard Sale At Victory Park: 5/18/19 – 8AM-Noon (Rain date 6/1/19)
- Shredding Event At Victory Park: 9/21/19 – 10AM-Noon
- Holiday Decorating Contest: 12/15/19 – 6PM-?
- OK Otter: 6/16/19 – 6:30PM
- Ken Pierson: 7/14/19 – 6:30PM
- John Seitz: 8/11/19 – 6:30PM
- Caitlin Asbert
- Denise Cranata (Treasurer)
- Shannon Cucchi
- Karen Davis
- Kady Gahman (Vice Chairman)
- Jennifer Kampmann
- Nancy Kupferschmidt (Secretary)
- Julie Lacey (Chairman)
- Jackie Wagner